Spanish Language Activities
Our school activities form a very important part of daily life at SMS Spanish Experience. According to our philosophy we want you to learn Spanish in a practical manner, free of the pressures that are more commonly associated with pure theoretical based learning. That is why we offer you a wide variety of school activities after your classes to complement your learning process.
Regular school activities
On one hand, there are regular activities, that are held every week in the afternoon or evening within the school or its surroundings:
- Language Exchange Events / Meet your “Colega Español” – Meeting between Spanish speakers and language students organized and moderated by school staff to ensure balance language exchange.
- Culture Classes – A variety of topics related to the Spanish language, culture, traditions and history as well as Spain and Tenerife. Classes themes are fuel by students interests.
- Visits and excursions organized by local association and townhall – We serve as a liaison between local community and language students, for deeper immersion, we invite our students to tours organized for locals, activities and talks are held afterwards to ensure a deeper understanding of the content.
- Cine Forum – A relaxing afternoon with us watching Spanish movies. We offer to follow up with exercises and talks about the movie viewed.
- Tapas Crawl – We celebrate the end of the week by having a tapas dinner all together.
- Role Play Games – We hold a variety of events where students together with Spanish-speaking friends of the school have to team up and put their language skills into work by being detectives and other personages.
Special school activities
On the other hand we organise special events, that will be held occasionally or on request. Such activities could include, but are not limited to:
- Visiting a banana farm – There you will learn everything about the most popular fruit cultivated in the Canary Islands. You can even try some products made out of bananas.
- Hiking through Barranco del Infierno – The valley Barranco del Infierno is directly next to our school and is one of the most beautiful hiking routes in the south of Tenerife. There you can discover a waterfall at the end and enjoy a stunning view over Adeje during your walk.
- Visiting a bodega – Where you can taste and buy typical local wines and even try some traditional groceries.
While taking your language course at SMS Spanish Experience you are welcome to participate in all school activities offered, however it is not obligatory. You can enjoy as many as you want. Regular school activities are offered free of charge whilst the special activities are offered at an additional charge that will be listed in advance.
You can always find a participation list at the reception of the school, where you can sign up for each activity. You can find all details about current special activities on the wall by the entrance area or you can contact us at any time. We will be happy to have you join us for the activities!